Monday, March 14, 2011

Why Now?

There's a question for you that can be attributed to so many different areas, but for today I'm going to stick with the "why now" as in "Why are you trying to figure out a blog now?"  My answer is, "I don't know. Why NOT now?"
Maybe it's because my children are grown and gone and instead of telling them to do homework, turn off the TV, unload the dishwasher, etc. I have mental time to spare.  Maybe it's because my family and friends are scattered all over and I am finding that I can't remember who I told about significant happenings and who I forgot to tell.  Maybe it's just that I think someone out there just might be curious as to what my rambling mind tells my fingers to type.  Whatever it is, "NOW" seems like as good a time as any.
So, here's some random things you might not know about me.
1-I have been known to be a control freak. I like to plan and organize so that there are no surprises that cannot be handled quickly and efficiently.  Trust me; it doesn't always work out.
2-I fear snakes.  In my younger years I had terrifying dreams that would wake me up, sweating and shaking.  Now? I'm better, not cured of my fear but it's no longer irrational.  I have no idea why they freak me out other than they wriggle unpredictably in all directions and are....hmm...snakey.
3-I wish I still played the piano but more than that I wish I could play the piano like I feel when I listen to it. 
4-If you want me to hire you, write your application neatly, dress neatly, take out the facial piercings, shake hands with a firm grasp and look me in the eye.  If you can't do that then don't waste both of our time.
5-Everyone we encounter in our lives makes an impression within us no matter how insignificant our meeting.  What kind of impression we leave is up to us.

1 comment:

  1. I would say it's never too late to take up the piano again, coming from myself who started playing it five years ago for the first time. I can't imagine life now without that weekly lesson, the daily practice and those nervewracking recitals. I would LOVE to hear you play! I'm sure you could teach me a thing or two. Do it for YOU! It keeps me sane and the fact that you're longing for it means you should listen to that voice. Maybe our music major daughter can re-inspire you, too! :0) Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete