Monday, September 26, 2011

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Clean House, Clean Clothes, Ironed Clothes, Cooking, etc.  Blah. 
Don't get me wrong: I love those things, I just don't love to do them.  I know many people DO love to be domestic and I think that's great.  I just want a magic wand, or a wrinkly nose, or a powerful arms-crossed-in-front-of-chest blink.

Even when I didn't work (ahem, yeah right) well, didn't work for someone who wrote me a check every couple of weeks, I didn't particularly care for the domestic life.  Working outside and planting flowers, I LOVE.  I've just never been real excited about being Susie Homemaker or Betty Crocker.

Sunday was an exception.  I did laundry, organized my closet and shoes, vacuumed said closet and rest of the house, pulled up my potatoes, scrubbed kitchen cupboards and stove, and now need to iron.  I get this way when I'm trying to avoid thinking of unpleasant events.

Yeah, unpleasant is an understatement.  The dreaded "C"-word has reared its ugly head again.  Tony went the end of August for his routine every-six-month check up complete with bone scan, CT scan and lab work.  For nearly 10 years this has been going on with nearly everything staying status quo.  This time there's no status quo, but status Qurap!  Multiple "areas of concern" that are probably metastatic malignancies on pelvis and femur.  I'll write more later.

We now return to our previously scheduled program.

Monday morning Tony has a biopsy of one of the "areas of concern" mentioned above.  Now to wait for the pathology report before knowing what we're dealing with.  This is all combined with the return of his shoulder pain, yes THAT shoulder.  The one he endured 3 separate surgical procedures on just last summer.  It causes continual discomfort and we're waiting on the MRI of that area now too.

If you have friends that make you laugh, spend lots of time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment